Recommendations for freesat hd recorder?

Little Flower 12:36 PM 29 Oct 11

We used to have Sky+ & what I really miss about not having it is the capacity to programme stuff to record & watch at a convenient time (not the cost of Sky!). We have free-view built into the TVs so can get enough channels. My parents have a free-sat box that they can record on, so I'd like to get one for us as a family Christmas present.

Has anyone any recommendations of a box that works well at a lowish price (less than £200? am I kidding myself?) or conversely any boxes to avoid? The TV in the sitting room has built in HD which we're not using at the moment, so an HD free-sat box would be my preference.

We still have the Sky dish on the house & a digital ariel, so I understand that will be all we need?

onthelimit1 11:12 AM 30 Oct 11

I think Humax are as good as any here

Little Flower 13:56 PM 30 Oct 11

Thank you onthelimit1,I had seen other people talking about Humax on PCA, but a few years ago, so wanted up to date info! The link you gave was I think only for freeview boxes? But looking at one of the Humax boxes there, Amazon said others have bought Humax Foxsat HDR 500GB Freesat HD Satellite Receiver and Digital TV Recorder - at £226.90, a little more than I'd thought about but still affordable...

Does this seem like a good deal? Anyone had good/bad experiences with this box?

The Old Mod 07:01 AM 31 Oct 11

Hi, myself and several friends/family have the Humax Foxsat HDR and have had no problems at all, easy to use and great picture etc. If it packed up tomorrow I would go and get another one!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…