Recommend a very simple digital camera <£50 ??

Tim1964 23:07 08 Aug 07

Hi,

My mother in law has an urge to buy a digital camera but (to be brutally honest) it needs to be very, very easy to use. I'm thinking of a budget at around £50 with an optical zoom, large(ish) screen and at about 3M pixels.

Preferably something from the real world as I wouldn't fancy the grief of an online purchase going all wobbly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stuartli 23:09 08 Aug 07

Your local Argos has plenty. See:

click here

Stuartli 23:10 08 Aug 07

You may need to raise the cash point by about a tenner, otherwise it's a digital zoom.

The Kodak C513 might fit the bill.

Stuartli 23:14 08 Aug 07

One other point - factor in the cost of a memory card.

Argos seeks more than £20 for a 1GB SD card, more than three times the price at most other outlets.

Tim1964 23:48 08 Aug 07

Thanks for the replies.

I did look at Argos/Currys et al but the cheaper ones seem too small and look like toys and anything more substantial will be much too complicated.

At 84 years old she'll need big buttons and a big screen to see anything on it.

I might just give her our 'spare' digital to see how she gets on with it. :D

Stuartli 09:08 09 Aug 07

That's one of the problems with digital cameras - some are unbelievably small.

As someone used to using single and twin lens reflexes over the years, as well as large film sized folding cameras, they do seem like toys in the hand.

The rapid disappearance of viewfinders is also annoying when you are used to having one on a camera.

I have a five or six-year-old 2MP Minolta E203 digital camera that produces extremely good results, but it's tiny enough to feel embarrassed when raising it to take shots...:-)

It was bought as a companion to a Nikon F401 body and Tamron 28-200mm zoom, in the manner of a Polaroid camera.

sikefula 13:34 09 Aug 07

...and who says size doesn't matter? lol!

Shawn_K 09:16 21 Sep 07

I think taht would be a cool personalized presents.
There are sevral choices for you considering your budget.click here
Go to find a appropriate one.
Here are some Digital Cameras Buyer Guide.click here
Good luck!

ICF 17:26 21 Sep 07

Some info click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…