recommend usb freeview stick for laptop?

theDarkness 02:16 21 Dec 08

Can anyone recommend a particular brand of usb freeview stick for a laptop? A freeview that can constantly keep a good signal in the same position in a strong signal area- in which the picture and sound will not jump or skip often or at all would be ideal. Thanks for any info, even if anyone has info on tried out brands i should definately avoid would be handy to mark off the list.. recording to a hard drive, or a freeview stick with any added extra features is not important, im just after something thats cheap and works well, preferably to last! thanks for any info if possible

kidsis 11:43 21 Dec 08

hi, I recently bought the Pinnacle dvb t stick solo, have a look at their web site and see what you think. I got mine from Amazon. Also search for the post I started here in November where others made recommendations.

flick 23:36 22 Dec 08

I have been using an Asus U3000 Mini DTV USB stick for about 6 months. It's samll and neat and the reception (through a rooftop aerial) is excellent. I can't comment on reception through the mini aerial that comes with it, as I haven't tried it. Software supplied is fairly basic, but works. I use Media Portal for local machine recording,viewing and epg and Orb for doing the same things remotely (both free). I paid less than £30 from ebuyer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…