recommend budget gaming pc?

Camille 02:27 29 Dec 06

I have £500-£600 to spend on a new machine which will be able to play games like Medieval 2... having difficulty finding anything. Can anyone recommend a seller/system that's suitable?

Thanks

Camille 02:39 29 Dec 06

i'm looking at a system from pc nextday - any thoughts on whether this is good value/good specs?
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Processor

250GB Western Digital Caviar SE 3.5" SATA300 Hard Drive with 8MB Cache

1GB DDR2 667 DIMM PC5300 Memory

256MB PCI-Express nVidia Inno3D GeForce 7600GS Graphics Card

ECS P965T-A Core 2 Duo Motherboard

(including 17" monitor, winxp and vat it's £599)

sean-278262 05:29 30 Dec 06

That sounds good to me. Not in the market for a desktop but I would pick a copy of PC advisor up and take a look at what is on offer in the budget chart. If you have a monitor try looking at base units without one.

Remember the TFT included will not be too good and a good reliable CRT will look better and be better playing games. CRT's for me still hold their own in terms of quality of the picture especially in gaming. Some TFTs just dont work in a lit room in a dark scene without messing with settings.

If you can ditch the monitor part you could aim for a better graphics card in the region of a 7900 GeForce and maybe a slightly faster CPU or whatever you choose to spend the saved cash on.

A

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…