"Preparing the sd card" problem in Android

kfm 21 Feb 12

I am having a problem copying files to my Archos 70 Internet tablet. Doing a search on the internet the problem appears to be to do with when the tablet is "preparing the sd card". There are many complaints that this process either deletes data or corrupts it. I cant seem to find a solution to the problem. I am using a 32gb microsd card and have tried both copying by usb cable and copying directly to the card. Is there any way to stop the"preparing the sd card process". Cheers Ken

dms_05 22 Feb 12

Are you sure your tablet supports 32gb cards? Can you try a lower capacity card to see if that works?

kfm 22 Feb 12

I did try a 16gb card and that works ok but trawling through the internet, people have said they use 32gb. A lot of devices dont seem to like 32gb cards but its difficult to find out if it is particular cards or the operating system.

T0SH 28 Feb 12

It may require a firmware update to handle the larger size sd card ?

Cheers HC

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message