Quicktime movie from camera how to burn to dvd

Lavenham 22:23 03 Dec 07

I took a short video on my camera and downloaded to my computer where it was saved as a Quicktime movie. I now need to burn this onto a disk, I have tried DVD and CD but cannot burn it onto either using Nero. I need this clip for tomorrow any ideas. I opened it also in windows moviemaker however it is still in Quicktime.

anchor 10:03 04 Dec 07

Here is a solution that I found works for a MOV file, (a quicktime movie).

Using RAD video tools I converted it to an AVI. Then used DVD Flic to burn to a DVD.

You need to experiment in RAD to find the most suitable codec.

Les28 14:21 04 Dec 07

You could download the free Super programme
click here

and convert the .mov to an mpeg2 which Nero Vision Express will accept and burn as a DVD.
In Super select in the output container (top left) mpg Mpeg II
if you live in the UK on the same page in Super select Bitrate kbps 7008, Frame Sec 25, Aspect 5:4, Video Scale 720X576, then do a right click on the letterbox near the bottom of the Super screen that you are going to drag your mov file into and select Output file saving management and decide where you are going to save the mpeg2 file, then just drag the .mov file into the letterbox and click Encode Active file button underneath the letterbox, a progress bar will show when it's finished, then just import the mpeg2 into NVE in the make DVD option, I have Nero 6 suite and that's the way I do it.

Lavenham 22:01 04 Dec 07

Thanks I'll try those.

Les28 07:26 07 Dec 07

The settings I mentioned using in Super, the Aspect I accidently said to set at 5:4, the correct setting I should have said is 4:3, the difference isn't noticeable but the correct aspect is 4:3, all other settings OK, Les.

Brenne 20:57 08 Dec 07

Came here from a similar thread: converting QickTime .mov files to .avi for editing in Windows Moviemaker. Many thanks to anchor & co: eventually found, downloaded and used rad video tools. Successfully viewed ex-.mov file in Moviemaker. It's a bit jerky, but it worked! so now I'll have to learn to control it better.

Thanks again, Brenne

anchor 11:37 09 Dec 07

Brenne: Thats what I meant when I said you would have to try different codecs; some are better than others.

Another free conversion programme is SUPER ©.

click here

davisie 01:28 10 Sep 09

when i used super, Freezes every time I click the "Encode" button after dragging and dropping an video file into the program, Then, I tried the program refer to ConvertXtoDVD and its not bad.
click here

anchor 09:12 10 Sep 09

This last post from davisie surely is spam.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009