QUESTION ABOUT ASAIN MP£ PLAYERS

mowdizzle 11:24 14 Aug 06

Hi, im looking to buy a new mp3 player (one that also plays video) such as ipod video 30gigs or creatiev zen m videao (30gigs), and i was wondering whether asain bought mp3 players such as theese would work in the uk, my sister is in asia at the moment so she might be able to get me one cheaper tan here. thanks for your help.

mowdizzle 11:24 14 Aug 06

apologies for the bad spelling of asia

Stuartli 13:11 14 Aug 06

They are most likely to be exactly the same as the version on sale in the UK; however, as the Creative can also be used with a mains adapter this might not be the case (I'm not sure of the mains supply details of Asian countries). See:

click here

However, if you only use it with batteries (rechargeables) this wouldn't matter.

o44wen 19:58 24 Aug 06

they should work ok with an adapter. If she buys from a decent shop they will be able to explain everything cause many people buy from asia to take home. The best place to buy would be Malaysia or Singapore as theyuse the same plugs and all as we do.

I got a digital camera in singapore 2 years ago and its been working perfect ever since, not one problem, and it was a worldwide warrenty i got with mine (some places dont allow this)

I also know people who have bought laptops and iPods which has been fine over here.

Which part of asia is she going to be in?

Customs hopefully shouldnt pick up on it but it would be best to post the box home and take the mp3 player in her carry bag/handbag, or you might get stung for import duty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…