PVR loses signals at night

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:59 28 Nov 06

Tevion PVR1620
Aldi special Sunday

Firs time install finds all channels works ok all day standby and back on again. records a prog till 1.30.

Switch on Monday, prog on HDD OK but channels showing no signal.
Channel search progress bar does not move off 0%

Do a first time install again all channels back ok. Power down (standby) overnight same again today when I switch back on no signal strength, again requires first time install to get channels back.

Any ideas how to lock channels in so I don't have to install everyday?

rodriguez 01:49 29 Nov 06

Sounds like something's wrong with it's tuner or internal memory. Could be internal memory actually as it finds channels but loses them almost straight away. Take it back for a replacement and see if the new one still has this problem...

Kate B 10:35 29 Nov 06

My old Digifusion PVR did that for a while before it finally turned up its toes and died - a week before its warranty ran out! How old is your box?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:08 29 Nov 06

Bought last sunday now 3 days old

1 year return to Aldi
3 year return to Tevion

So got a while to play with it yet. Software update due in mid Jan. may solve the problem.

Switched off auto update (done at 0300) to see if that makes a difference. As above holds channels and signals ok during day even if on standby for a while but channel ok and no signal in on standby overnight.

Haven't yet tied it today, (have to work sometime) will do when I get home.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:47 29 Nov 06

No good all signals lost again today when switched on.

Perhaps the remedy is not to switch it off :0)

Unless anyone has any ideas?

Kate B 20:55 29 Nov 06

Faulty? Take it back!

kspatto 21:59 29 Nov 06

Hi
bought one of these sunday took it back today with the same fault you have described the girl on the till told me they have had 4 returned already(just in their shop)imagine the returns nationwide if this is typical

rodriguez 01:39 30 Nov 06

"Perhaps the remedy is not to switch it off :0)" - that might work in the short term, but if you want it sorted take it back and it get it changed. If they give you the same make & model try it and if it gives you the same problems, get a refund and get a different make & model altogether. The main problem with PVRs is that the hard drive is accessed a lot and they can wear out (I have Sky+ and I'm on my 3rd box in 18 months because of this). Anyway if it doesn't function how it should, why keep it? Get a refund and swap it - you need one that works properly. :-)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:35 09 Dec 06

Update

Software update was scheduled for 10am 8-9th DEC
thought this would solve some of the problems.

Hower the update was "pulled" by the manufacturer at 1023am. No explanations.

Funnily enough since leaving the machine on for a week it does appear to have gained stability and I haven't really had any problems with it a switch to stanby and back on gain doesn't cure.
All recordings and twin recordings work fine.

Pity with so many Freeview channels I'm still finding very little worth watching.

wiz-king 08:42 10 Dec 06

Fancy expecting to find anything worth watching!

Would a repeat by any other name smell as sweet?

Boyan1 09:03 10 Dec 06

Has not changed the situation. After over night stand by the unit does not respond, when switched on. Turning the power off at the back, resets it and then it works fine. I am not sure what benefit the update produced.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac