Puzzled new ipod user

sheila.weston 20:04 PM 04 Jul 11

I have managed to get online and have downoaded the manual, but I don't really understand it. I have logged in to itunes and there are lots of pop music titles. These are presumably in the online store? How can I get different types of music eg classical or 'songs from the shows' for example. What is syncing?

Thanks for any help.

john bunyan 21:31 PM 04 Jul 11

In i Tunes you creare a library by either ripping your CD's to it or buying via the i Tunes store.(I only ues i tunes vouchers for this and when you redeem them the store "knows" how much credit you have left.) When you sttach the i Pod, Synching is where you allow the i Pod to acquire the whole or some of the library, As I have a number of i Pod users on my PC (Self, grand children) and we all have different tastes, I prefer to set preferences NOT to automatically synch. First, with a voucher, in iTunes, ensure you have created an account - usually your e Mail and a password, with address etc. Follow the prompts. Then in "Store" you should be able to browse by title, artist or genre.Later you can create playlists. Do ask specific things as this is a big subject!

Crosstrainer2 06:51 AM 05 Jul 11

An itunes account is a requirement, and a few here have expressed concerns about providing Apple with debit card and address details.

Remember that this account is password protected, and each and every purchase must be backed up by this passwors (set on creation of the account)

I have been using one for well over 3 years without any problem at all. You only pay for what you purchase.

As an aside perhaps the FE could advise where ipod / pad / related threads should go? I'm a little confused as to where myself!

sheila.weston 17:36 PM 05 Jul 11

Many thanks, both. There is quite a lot to learn! I have just got the Dummies book on the ipod touch from the library. It looks excellent, so I'll study that for a week or two!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…