Putting WMP 10 Music in Library Alphabetically

belcanto 16:33 25 Feb 08

Hi there, how can I get WMP 10 to put music in the Library Alphabetically?

Thanks-belcanto

peter99co 22:46 25 Feb 08

In WMP 11 I just click on Header of list of Albums or songs and it is in alpabetic. If an album is not where I want it I RT-click on album and edit name as reqd.

belcanto 13:24 26 Feb 08

Hi there, I will try it in wmp 20, however if i was to download wmp 11, will it wipe out all of my playlists?

Thanks for help so far

Blecanto

peter99co 14:15 26 Feb 08

I should have thought you would not need to upgrade to solve your listing problem. I am sure you should be able to save your playlist in a different place. I keep all my music in folders on an external hard drive and I have seen a playlist folder on the hardrive. I expect if you check HELP in wmp re playlist you should find some info about saving file. Each time I add any music (rip) the output goes to Ext Drive. When I plug in the drive I click WMP Library Tab an use option to add files. The new music takes its place alphabetically in song or album list. I even build playlists based on Star Ratings I have no idea if an upgrade removes playlists but your music will still be in it's own folders as usual. A copy of music file offline has got to be a good move. Dont use both at same time though because WMP will show a duplicate track on all your music titles until you remove the Extra Ext Drive from use. I only have my music off the PC Laptop to conserve Space on my machines.

peter99co 18:36 26 Feb 08

I have checked WMP and see that if I click the TITLE panel at the top of list all the sons go into A-Z order another click and they go to Z-A a third click puts them back to songs by album A-Z
This must be same as ver 10!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced