Pull main emails to email client but send from gmail account - how?

Garawa 14:20 13 Jun 13

At various times over the last few months I have hunted for this answer but have given up for the vast numbers of similar issues out there. The answer to this question is NOT to do everything from gmail like most of the answers I have found!

I have never been able to send mail on my Android. When connected to the wi-fi it is ok because my ISP accepts it but it fails when out of the house. I currently receive my main emails using IMAP with Outlook being the main client. As I don't use gmail all that often, mail is forwarded from the account to my main account so it only leaves me with the sending when out of the house issue.

I have been given an outgoing address by my ISP but it doesn't work. I have tried using gmail's smtp server with a view that if anyone responds it should be forwarded to my main account but of the settings I have found, my phone says that it fails.

There must be people out there that receive "normal" mail on their phones and send using the gmail accounts? If so, what settings should I be using because nothing seems to work so far!

Garawa 12:56 21 Jun 13

Nobody use the email client on their Android?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple