PSP Will Not Switch On

pgj 22:14 04 Jan 08

I have been given a PSP that is not working. It charges the battery fully, however, when you switch on the green light comes on and nothing else happens until after about 20 - 30 second the green light goes out. There is no sound, no flicker of life other than the timed green light. Has any one any ideas? Or know of any forums where these issues receive top advice?

Many thanks Gemma (pgj)

Kemistri 14:42 05 Jan 08

How old is it? That influences how you go about getting it fixed or replaced if it needs it.

pgj 16:11 05 Jan 08

Hi Kemistri & thanx for the offer of help.

I don't know the age of the PSP save to say it is not one of the new slim types.

Is there a way of identifying its age? the serial number is FB5558528. model PSP-1003

I have to say it has been very well looked after or is not that old looking at its condition

I'm quite mechanically minded and am happy to take the back off and follow instructions.

Gemma

Kemistri 16:53 05 Jan 08

"Is there a way of identifying its age?" - You're dealing with someone who only knows what a PSP is, much less how it works!

Your second post suggests that you are not the first owner, so my initial question doesn't apply.

Sorry I can't help further.

MCE2K5 23:28 05 Jan 08

Check out this Forum, click here

MCE2K5 23:29 05 Jan 08

Help & Support and contact information, click here

MCE2K5 23:30 05 Jan 08

What should I do if I am experiencing power problems with my PSP?, click here

MCE2K5 23:32 05 Jan 08

PSP Online Manuals & PSP Manual archive, click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac