Protected Music files

cairdie 19:57 15 Mar 06

Hi

We bought some MP3 music from Woolworths over the internet. My wife wanted to use them on the computer as sound tracks for a slide show only to find they are protected and cannot be used. The software is Roxio Videowave 7. I don't know much about licensing but I would have thought you could use music you purchased on your own computer. Anybody any suggestions.

Cairdie

ade.h 21:10 15 Mar 06

By purchasing the music, you automatically agreed to the accompanying license, which will prohibit re-use among other things. The DRM tag on these files is obviously sophisticated enough to stop mis-use.

CLONNEN 12:25 16 Mar 06

Look for an Audio Converter program which will convert from mp3 to something else. eg. WAV format - I use Audio Conversion Wizard myself (it converts most protected music files)

kinger 19:48 16 Mar 06

It won't do any Napster files at all. Seems to skip protected files after warning you that this is the case.

DrScott 12:54 17 Mar 06

For iTunes protection you can copy the mp3s to a CD and then copy them back to the computer - this seems to remove the encryption. It may work for the Woolworths protection?

amonra 15:01 17 Mar 06

^

cairdie 20:39 17 Mar 06

Thanks to everyone for their reponse.

I will try the audio converter and also writing to CD and then back to the PC

taffy101 12:40 19 Mar 06

If the tracks have Windows media player protection you would be able to burn to CD in media player and copy them back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…