ProShow Gold by Photodex

Novice22 16:29 25 Jul 06

Hi all

I'm currently trying out the above software (and also Ulead MovieStudio 10 Plus) When using ProShow Gold, I have tried to add soundtracks to my shows, and want to reduce/edit certain tracks. When I have tried to do this in the 'show soundtrack' tab, I get a message that the default sound editor has not been configured. I am then taken to a window for choosing a program to set as the default application for editing. Does this mean that I have to use another piece of software to edit the track ? If so, is this also the case in the full version of the software too (I expect it is), and what software might I use to do this ?

Thanks

GroupFC 16:39 25 Jul 06

Yes - I think it does (from what I can remember when I trialed the programme).

I am not sure if Audacity includes an editor, but in the past I have used the editor which came with Nero.

HTH

Novice22 17:07 25 Jul 06

Thanks Group FC

Incidentally what software do you actually use now for creating slideshows etc. ? I assume that you did not buy ProShow Gold in the end.

Thanks

GroupFC 18:18 25 Jul 06

Interestingly, I have just recently d/loaded a trial of Ulead MovieStudio 10 Plus (26 days remaining) to see what that is like! I am in the process of getting to know the programme (and later in the week will probably commit something to disc!).

I have used Windows MovieMaker 2, in the past and had some reasonable results with that (I saved the fininshed "movie", as an .avi file, and then burning s/ware to create a DVD).

hssutton 10:28 27 Jul 06

GroupFC, is quite correct, Proshow will not allow you to edit your soundtrack. You must do this in a sound editor. I use Roxio.

For what it's worth after trialing a number of programs I decided that Proshow was the best.

Have you had a look at Prowshow's "online sharing" click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced