Programme illegal operation

j4johnso 19:10 01 Mar 07

Hi

I have been trying unsuccessfully to use Web Site click here. I can open the Site alright, but quite soon I get a 'Warning Window' telling me that 'This programme has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
Information in the Warning Widow informs me that 'I EXPLORE caused an invalid page fault in module KERNAL 32 DLL at 0167:bff9db61.

Also it tells me that 'if the problem persists, contact the programme Vendor.

It has done this occassionaly on other sites as well.

I am using Windows '98.

JoeC 23:03 01 Mar 07

and see if it helps you.

click here

j4johnso 19:38 02 Mar 07

JOE C has pointed me to the information that I needed to solve my problem. When I read it I was positive that he had found the answer to the 'error' message.

It seems that my password list (PWL) file is damaged. So I entered *.pwl, in the Files Or Folders box to bring up a list of Files. The idea was to delete all of the .pwl files. Shut down the computer and then restart the computer and the files ought to be automatically recreated.

The problem is when I searched for the pwl list of files the window informed me that 'There are no items to show in this view.'

JOE C can you respond to my problem?

Thanks

Tiger

JoeC 21:33 03 Mar 07

I.EXPLORE caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL into Google and you will see that it is not an easy one to crack ! You might also want to look here

click here

It is a helful site.

Other thing to try ( although I don't think it will solve it ) is to run an SFC check - put your Win98 CD in tray and cancel when it starts. The go to Start, Run and type in SFC and okay it. If my memory serves me well) this will check if all your system files are okay.

Don't think many people left running Win98 !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant