Problems with Orange internet dongle .

wmoore 08 Mar 08

My wife has an orange internet dongle for Laptop
while she is away from home. The problem is that it keeps disconnecting at random times. So she has to keep reconnecting all the time. She is running Vista home basic.

merciarich 10 Mar 08

I am running the 3 internet dongle and I am told that the performance is not guaranteed on Vista, presumably because it is still a relatively new operating system.

Forum Member2 11 Mar 08

what does your wife use it for

wmoore 11 Mar 08

She uses it to check emails mainly.

joey37 09 Mar 09

after random periods of time my orange donlge manages to crash both my laptop and tower i have taken delivery of another dongle but problem persists just wondered if anyone else has had this problem?

P1d 24 Mar 09

Check the settings of the dongle to see if it is set to switch automatically between 3g/gprs whichever signal is stronger.

There used to be an issue where when 3g connectivity was lost and it switched to gprs your internet connection was dropped.

This can be minimised by setting it to not auto switch and creating new profiles one for 3g only and one for gprs only.

Hope this helps.

P1d

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message