Problem recording Sky to Sony Hard drive recorder

OhBeardedOne 07:40 14 Mar 06

Hope someone can help, this is driving me potty.
Sometimes when I record from sky box to the hard drive of Sony DVD recorder the picture will suddenly go blank, black screen, although the sound still records OK. This can happen after half hour successful recording, or sometimes not at all.
Doesn't happen if recording from terrestrial analogue TV, and it doesn't happen if simply watching the programme on TV. I wondered if it was some kind of anti-recording device from Sky, but it blacks over the adverts too.
Any ideas?

dms05 10:04 14 Mar 06

I don't think it's an anti-recording device.

Could just be the SCART lead needing reseating in the sockets on the Sky/Sony boxes - do you use any SCART switching as they can be a problem?

Or it's the software/firmware in your Sony box. Have you looked for any firmware updates? Usually you download to your PC then burn to a CD - then place the CD in the Sony and it should auto update.

My experience of DVD/HDD recorders suggests they aren't as simple or as reliable as VCR's. I occassionally find a blank recording after setting up the DVD/HDD timer correctly. Not sure if it's the DVD/HDD or satellite box but suspect the DVD/HDD!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…