Printing PDF encryted files.

nagonlouse 12:34 24 Nov 06

Can anyone tell me how to print PDF encrypted files. I have lost the Instruction Book for my Digital camcorder so I have downloaded the instruction book from the JVC website for the particular model. I have tried to print the files but have noticed a closed padlock in the bottom left hand corner of the page, and does this mean it is Encrypted. Any advice will be appreciated. (I do have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed)

oldal 14:45 24 Nov 06

The padlock means that you can print or copy the file but not edit it.
To print, open the file with Acrobat Reader click on print (top l/h corner), set up printer parameters and away you go.

nagonlouse 15:13 24 Nov 06

oldal, Thank you for the quick response but to click on the padlock it says,in a nutshell, No Print, No Copy, No Edit. Ive tried allways to print this manual but the Print Icon is permanently blacked out.

oldal 15:20 24 Nov 06

What level software are you using. I can print JVC manuals ok using level 7.0

oldal 15:35 24 Nov 06

You can download level 7.0 here

click here

Have to go out now, Hope this sorts problem.

nagonlouse 19:27 24 Nov 06

oldal,

I have Adobe 7.0.8 already on my PC. The problem is that as I have already stated the files from JVC.are password encrypted and I wondered if there was a way round this. I have downloaded the manual OK and I can read it but I would prefer to Print it and make my own instruction book.Thanks again.

seedie 11:16 25 Nov 06

crack pdf protection

CD

nagonlouse 23:03 25 Nov 06

seedie,

Thanks for the link, I have downloaded it and tried it but it only opened 5 of 44 pages. It requests I pay for the full version. Do you know a way round this. Thanks again for your help.

Stuartli 23:07 25 Nov 06

FoxitReader can be used to create text files (it's freeware):

click here

nagonlouse 10:14 26 Nov 06

Stuartli,

Thanks for the link. I will give it a go and report back later.

nagonlouse 12:55 26 Nov 06

Stuartli, I have tried your Foxit opener but as Password Remover from "seedie" they only open 10% of the files and as there are 44 pages/files it asks you to pay for the updated version to open the others so I`ll keep working on it. Thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple