Podcasting: how to?!?

LillyValleys 12:11 22 Oct 06

Does anyone know how to Podcast, what software and hardware is required, etc?

Thank You
:-)

Ross Murray 12:38 22 Oct 06

Hi Podcasting is simply broadcasting yourself over the net - it doesn't take much to do.

Firstly - you'll need a microphone (pic one up from Argos for a tenner) a headset is a good idea too because you wont experience "echoing" as much.

Connect it to your soundcards microphone port, and make sure it is not muted in the soundcards recording settings (around half way on the mic volume settings is fine).

Next, you'll want to record your audio. A program which will simply allow you to record and edit audio is Audacity - a free Open Source programme. Record it as an mp3. This will require an additional plugin - called Lame MP3. A download is available from the Sourceforge download site - just google Audacity and you should get all the links you need.

Hosting - if your ISP provides web-space you can use that. Companies also provide specific hosting solutions for podcasting but I cant remember the names of any - again google it. Any webspace with a decent bandwidth limit is ok.

The legalities

It is against UK law to broadcast copyrighted music without the correct licenses from MCPS PRS and PPL which is costly - and complicated. The podcast should really only contain voice without music - unless you own the material or have gained permission from the respective owners.

Hope this helps

Ross

LillyValleys 14:42 23 Oct 06

Yes, it does help.

Thank You :-)

Bob The Nob© 16:56 23 Oct 06

If it helps, this software is great (SAM BROADCASTING) click here
but it costs and every so often it plays a register me sound but if you use (AUDACITY)
click here
which is open source so free for home use, you canut the buy me now.
SAM play the mic so you can't hear yourself talk so theres no feedback. Its designed for Radio Station Broadcasting but its good for podcasting. Audacity is just great and has lot of features.

You need to play aboout with both pieces of Sware

Bob The Nob©

Bob The Nob© 16:57 23 Oct 06

I use click here 2Gb of bandwidth and 1GB of storage. Free DNS manegment and lots more features.

Bob The Nob©

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…