Placing photos elsewhere?

podlod 11:21 12 May 08

Hi, at the moment all my photos are downloaded auto to Picasa, but I now wish to download some new photos which are texture separate, can I remove the download from Picasa temporarily, place in another area, and then revert back to Picasa when completed? thank you.

jack 17:35 12 May 08

You can simply open the Picasa image folder and copy image[s] by right click copy- go to the new location -right click paste.
When you have manipulated them use the 'Save as' function and give each image a new identity- it need only be a suffix to the original say -original is 123456.jpg- Save as 123456a.jpg
In this way you also save the original image in its 'As shot' state

podlod 10:42 13 May 08

I don't think I have explained myself correctly, i do not wish Picasa to have anything to do with my texture photos so I want them to be downloaded outside of Picasa, so how do I direct the downloaded photos from my camera to another place, but i want to start up Picasa again on completion. How can I temporarily stop Picasa from grabbing my files straight away?

jack 10:55 13 May 08

Go to Start-- on the left side you will see a group of icons of various programs that start on boot up{Windows decides which these will be]
This is called 'The Start Group'
Among them will be Picasa.
Right click on Picasa and then 'Remove from Group'
Re boot.
Picasa will not now be active until you click on its desk top icon.
From there on then when you plug in your camera you will get the Scanner/Camera Wizard asking you what to do with the images.
In this panel you can direct the images to a place including creating a new folder or opening them in a program of choice

podlod 16:04 13 May 08

Hi Jack, I did what you advised but there is no Icon there?

Pamy 18:03 13 May 08

Just drag and drop the pictures from you camera to "My Pictures

jack 20:01 13 May 08

If there is no Picasa Icon there it should not be running therefore not active
But hey! There is always another way.

Right click on any picture
Go to properties - Open in
click on change and select any other program for images to open in
See the image
[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

podlod 08:18 14 May 08

Hi, I want to say thanks for all the help, and I will try out what you advised and let you know how I got on, thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now