//some 3rd party need geo

photoshop file type not recognised

pollpott 14:26 21 Jan 13

Using PS elements I worked on a photo used "file" "save as" then ticked copy and chose the format JPEG, it said that it had to be saved as a copy which is what I wanted anyway then prompted me to choose file size which I did and all seemed well. However when I tried to open it again in Elements there was no thumbnail of it in the folder, just the file name and a blank file image. It said that it could not open because it was the wrong file type. How can Photoshop save a file of a type which it then cannot open?

pollpott 14:35 21 Jan 13

I have just found that I can open the file using Paint.Does that make sense?

SillBill 20:01 21 Jan 13

Maybe you thought you'd saved it as a jpeg but inadvertently chose a different format?

pollpott 17:07 22 Jan 13

I was very careful not to do that. By default Elements will choose to save as a PSD file so it is a concious decision to change this to jpeg. It just seems odd that there is even a choice of file within Photoshop that results in a format it can't then open another time.

SillBill 21:27 22 Jan 13

Really does sound bizarre!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…