Photos from Picasa 2 back to SD media card

onokeck 14:08 11 Jul 06

I have recently tried to move several photos from my Picasa 2 folders onto a blank SD card so as to be able to take them for processing at my local Tesco. I have no problem moving them to the card (which is shown as "Removable Disk I" on my PC)and I can view them on my PC from the card. However, when I try to view them in my camera I get the message "No Images". Also, when I put them in the reader at Tesco it says the media is blank. The pictures were all taken on the same type card in the same camera I still am using and the photos have not been modified in any way. Can anyone help to resolve the problem? I know I could send for prints to Picasa or even AOL (my ISP, but Tesco is cheaper and they are ready in one hour. Thanks for any help. Casey

Phphred 15:35 11 Jul 06

Did you format your blank card in the camera and then drag the photos to the card?

Stuartli 23:46 11 Jul 06

If you have a memory card reader/writer try that instead of the camera.

jack 22:35 13 Jul 06

Two things
Strictly speaking images from DigiCams are not JPEGS
but EXIF's which is a JPEG[and has a JPEG extender] but has also a lot of extra from the camera also.

When the images are loaded into the computer for editing, some older editing programs and Windows 98/ME do not know about EXIF and strip the info out
When you put these images of a card and put it into
kt that expects EXIF's it dont get them - So No image.
So how to get round this- a free program puts a 'dummy' file onto the image - you have still lost the vital info- but the image will be seen
click here

and Two
Move onto to an uptodate Editor such as Paint Shop
and run XP which does know about EXIF

jack 08:48 15 Jul 06

for further info type EXIF into the the search panel one answer that came up is this
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced