photos from pc to cf card

joe95 12:03 10 Oct 05

I have some photos in a folder on my PC I hve sent them to my cf card via card reader but when I try to view them on the camera message no images. I am able to see them on PC via card reader.What am I doing wrong?
Thanks Joe

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:06 10 Oct 05

1. what type of camera?

2. when the camera take a photo and stores it on the card does it store it in a folder on the card? such as Dscf?

joe95 13:32 10 Oct 05

Nikon coolpix 3100.
when I downloaded to PC they were JPEGS

joe95 23:12 10 Oct 05

bump

DieSse 19:41 12 Oct 05

You didn't answer Fruit Bat /\0/\s question :-

2. when the camera take a photo and stores it on the card does it store it in a folder on the card? such as Dscf?

It's important.

joe95 23:15 12 Oct 05

sorry got a little confused, there are 2 folders nikon100 and DC-- can't remember the other one.

jack 14:15 13 Oct 05

The Reason that your Camera cannot read the images imported from your PC is because they are now of the wrong type for the camera.
It goes like this.
A camera image is ostensibly a JPEG but it isn't- it is properly called an EXIF.
An EXIF is a JPEG with xtra bells and whistles such as camera type, shutter speed, apature and all that photographic stuff.
Pre XP operating systems and older Photo Editors did not know about EXIF, and so dumped the extra info.
Put edited image on card, insert card into camera and camera says -whatsthisthen?
So you need another program that will turn the images back to EXIF.
There is program and it is to be found at

click here

Good luck

joe95 14:33 13 Oct 05

Thanks Jack makes sense now, I have downloaded the images back onto my card and taken them to the shop for printing and got the okay.I will download the programme you suggested as a stand by for future occasions.
Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…