Photo printer recommendations please?

PaulCrane 09:18 19 Jun 07

I am looking for a dye sublimation photo printer. I don’t want to spend a lot and don't need facilities like on board editing, bluetooth etc - it will be connected to a PC and I can do all that there.

Up until now I have been using online photo printers but the costs are a little high if you just want to print the odd photo. I have tried using my inkjet printer with a photo cartridge but I have fund it very fiddly to get even halfway decent results.

Has anyone got a basic dye sublimation printer they are happy with and would recommend?

Thanks

PaulC

jack 09:55 19 Jun 07

Although rare, like ink jet's is a highly competitive world and this weeks recommendation is next weeks bottom of the pile.
Perhaps you should look at a dedicated maker such as Olympus or better yet do a search here in the search forum.
Cost wise they work out at 50p is per 6x4

Google gave this
click here
A firm I know ell- so perhaps a start point.

HondaMan 15:21 19 Jun 07

a HiTi 730PS.

Brilliant printer. Prints 5 X 4; 8 X 5 and 6 X 4.

Availablew from systeminsight.co.uk

Costs about the same as a high level inkjet, £350.

There are others, Kodak, Olympus and Mitsubishi

^wave^ 08:19 20 Jun 07

i use a hp 8250 it is very good it was expensive but today if you can get one it will be a lot cheaper

jakimo 22:41 07 Jul 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…