photo item removal

podlod 09:50 AM 19 Dec 10

Hi, I have many free photo manipulation software sites also serif and photoshop 5, and what I am asking is, how can I remove a person or an item on one photo and re-introduce it to another photo so that I now have a photo for example with 2 people on one photo but from different photos altogether.
Hope you get my drift, thanks.

hssutton 10:06 AM 19 Dec 10

use the selection tool of your choice and select the object/person you want to move

Then do Edit>Copy

Open up the image you want to move the selection to and do Edit>Paste.

You will now have your selection in the new image. Now drag the object to the required position.

podlod 10:27 AM 19 Dec 10

Hi, i wish to remove the actual item by hand with some type of tool, and transfer it this way, i do not think that the edit will do this?

hssutton 11:02 AM 19 Dec 10

Did you read the first line?

I gave you the simple method there are other ways, but you still need to initially make the selection using the tool/s of your choice, such as the lasso tool, magic wand or the Eraser.

Once you have made the selection. go to "Edit" this is the heading in PS for a number of tools such as "Copy" "Paste"

BRYNIT 15:25 PM 19 Dec 10

If you are using Photoshop this may help click here

Other tutorials for Photoshop click here

podlod 10:25 AM 23 Dec 10

Hi, just want to thank you both for your help, and have now bookmarked the Manuel that I need,now have to try and carry out the project, thanks again.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites