Phones4u, bought out contract, think I've been scammed.

Ripebear 04 Jun 12

Here is my situation. I had a phone on contract with Phones4u on Orange for a 24 month period. I had around 3 months left and the shop said they would buy it out if I got a new contract, I thought this sounded fair enough, saving me money and getting me a new phone.

I went through all the stuff and eventually got an Iphone 4 8GB for 36.00 a month (At the time I didn't even realise it was an 8GB, and not 16). I asked at the time if I could get an Iphone 4S for around the same price, I was told no, I could not. I took the contract on Orange again giving me 300 minutes, 3000 texts and 1GB internet usage.

I accepted that and came home, then realised the storage was awful leaving me with only 6GB after the IOS, then I looked online on the actual Phones4u website, to find that they had the Iphone 4s on several deals for CHEAPER than I took the Iphone 4, same network. And also on 02 they had a deal for Unlimited Calls, texts and 1GB internet usage.

Are what deals offered limited when a company buys out? Or should every deal be available since the contract is finished and I am going for a new one?

I'm unsure whether I have any right to complain here, as I took the phone and signed the contract, but I was told I could not get an Iphone 4S as well, which is misinformation.

Thanks

ams4127 04 Jun 12

It certainly sounds a bit worrying. I'd be inclined to visit your local CAB and see what they say.

Woolwell 05 Jun 12

Isn't there a cooling off period? Go back to the store.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London in 1 minute with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse film

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message