Phone Charger Camping

AndroidJunkie 12:30 PM 25 Jun 11

I am about to go camping an was hoping someone could suggest a product which could charge a mobile phone or preferably multiple phones most of which will be HTC desires, iPhones, blackberrys etc. If possible some sort of solar based option would be best but if not a large battery would be fine.

Any help appreciated.

Crosstrainer2 14:45 PM 25 Jun 11

Cheapest solar model is £140.00 from Amazon. Ouch! There is a wind up one there too @ £ 69.00. Seems a lot of money though.

AndroidJunkie 15:32 PM 25 Jun 11

was hoping not to spend that much, however from reading online some people seem to say most mini solar panels cant generate the current needed to charge a phone ever if they say they can in the product description.

Crosstrainer2 04:23 AM 26 Jun 11

I guess you could buy a few of the cheap one shot emergency chargers ( also Amazon) but I've heard these are not too good for batteries.

Maybe leave them at home? :))

Quickbeam 07:47 AM 28 Jun 11

If you'll have a car on site, use a car charger overnight available on ebay for a fiver or less.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016