Phone Charger Camping

AndroidJunkie 25 Jun 11

Hi

I am about to go camping an was hoping someone could suggest a product which could charge a mobile phone or preferably multiple phones most of which will be HTC desires, iPhones, blackberrys etc. If possible some sort of solar based option would be best but if not a large battery would be fine.

Any help appreciated.

Crosstrainer2 25 Jun 11

Cheapest solar model is £140.00 from Amazon. Ouch! There is a wind up one there too @ £ 69.00. Seems a lot of money though.

AndroidJunkie 25 Jun 11

was hoping not to spend that much, however from reading online some people seem to say most mini solar panels cant generate the current needed to charge a phone ever if they say they can in the product description.

Crosstrainer2 26 Jun 11

I guess you could buy a few of the cheap one shot emergency chargers ( also Amazon) but I've heard these are not too good for batteries.

Maybe leave them at home? :))

Quickbeam 28 Jun 11

If you'll have a car on site, use a car charger overnight available on ebay for a fiver or less.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message