Phone change windows 8 to Android

mart7 13:19 23 Apr 16
Answered

Im considering changing my 2year old Nokia 925 for the MotoG3 Android based phone

Im wanting to move all my contacts from one phone to the other ? can it be done? without manually inputting the details?

morddwyd 17:46 23 Apr 16

Can you not put them all on your SIM?

mart7 17:59 23 Apr 16

No unfortunately im told all contacts are stored in the phone and theres no way of copying them to the sim,used to be able to with older Nokia phones

I am Spartacus 20:40 24 Apr 16

This seems straightforward

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:42 24 Apr 16

you can put them on sim but not on SD card

Nokia 925 click here

mart7 22:13 24 Apr 16

Fruitbat

It does say in the link "note: Exporting contacts to the SIM card is not available on this device"

You can export from sim to phone but not the other way round,if I was purchasing another Microsoft Lumia phone its no problem there's a data exchange app that allows the transfer of any data between the phones

mart7 22:15 24 Apr 16

Thanks anyway Fruitbat

mart7 15:18 25 Apr 16

Thanks as funny as Spartacus !!!

Do you not think ive tried that already?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:02 25 Apr 16

I must have badly read that as I thought import export to SD card not available on this device.

"Copy contact: import/export from SD card We're sorry, but this feature is not available on this device.

Copy contact: import/export from SIM card Note: Exporting contacts to the SIM card is not available on this device. To copy contacts between the device memory and SIM card, follow these steps:

From the Start screen, touch the screen and slide left. Scroll to and tap Settings. Touch the screen and slide left to the 'applications' screen. Scroll to and tap people. Tap import SIM contacts. Tap import."

mart7 18:20 25 Apr 16

Fruit bat

Yes but when I follow the instructions,the option in the phone is "import contacts from sim to phone" not the other way round,T.mobile have somehow got their words mixed up

mart7 18:31 25 Apr 16

Toejams

Yes I had seen it on the Microsoft site where your phone contacts are synced to your Hotmail or gmail account it seemed complicated to me

I hadn't seen the contact share app which is another option but when I clicked on "windows" app I get the "invalid file type" message

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009