Phone off for 2 weeks, no texts received ?

setecio 09:49 AM 18 Jul 08

Had my Orange PAYG phone off for 2 weeks while away. I know 2 people definitely sent texts to the phone during this period, but when I switched it back on it did not recieve those texts (none appeared). I sent a text today from another phone to check and it came through ok.

Are texts only kept on the 'text server' of a mobile network for a certain period and then deleted (eg 48 hours ? ).

I'd be surprised if this was true but I'm trying to work out what happened to the missing texts. I would guess other people also sent texts but none have appeared so I've lost those as well. (The phone has been on for 24 hours now.)

mymate 12:41 PM 18 Jul 08

I think its 3 days a text waits to be delivered . If you send a text to someone whos mobile is off after 3 days off not being delivered you get a message on your mobile saying its not been delivered .

GRIDD 13:26 PM 18 Jul 08

mymate that's only if you have delivery reports turned on, will they notify you. Other than that you are correct, SMS only stay on the server for a few days.

setecio 14:07 PM 18 Jul 08

Ah, ok thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know