Phone off for 2 weeks, no texts received ?

setecio 09:49 AM 18 Jul 08

Had my Orange PAYG phone off for 2 weeks while away. I know 2 people definitely sent texts to the phone during this period, but when I switched it back on it did not recieve those texts (none appeared). I sent a text today from another phone to check and it came through ok.

Are texts only kept on the 'text server' of a mobile network for a certain period and then deleted (eg 48 hours ? ).

I'd be surprised if this was true but I'm trying to work out what happened to the missing texts. I would guess other people also sent texts but none have appeared so I've lost those as well. (The phone has been on for 24 hours now.)

mymate 12:41 PM 18 Jul 08

I think its 3 days a text waits to be delivered . If you send a text to someone whos mobile is off after 3 days off not being delivered you get a message on your mobile saying its not been delivered .

GRIDD 13:26 PM 18 Jul 08

mymate that's only if you have delivery reports turned on, will they notify you. Other than that you are correct, SMS only stay on the server for a few days.

setecio 14:07 PM 18 Jul 08

Ah, ok thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…