Pentax ME Super lens with Pentax K10D digital SLR

bilk 15:20 18 Oct 07

For the last twenty years I have used a Pentax ME super film cammera with a range of Tamron and Vivitar lens as well as its standard 50mm lens. If I buy the new K10D digital camera would I be able to use those old lens with it assuming they would fit mechanically in the first instance. I realise there are electrical connections between modern lens and the main body of the camera but with out these connections what would happen.
Gratefull for any comments
Bilk

ventanas 15:39 18 Oct 07

Have you tried the Pentax forum click here You may find what you want to know.

I have Nikon DSLR's and am able to use lenses dating back decades (if I wanted to that is) So you may be ok.

Stuartli 23:41 18 Oct 07

Don't forget that you will have to remember that a film camera lens used on a digital camera offers a 1.5 magnification over the film equivalent.

bilk 12:01 21 Oct 07

Many thanks to those who replied to me on the above subject. I think it is a case of try it and see
Bilk

Stuartli 22:38 23 Oct 07

This review:

click here

states: "..but because the camera has the KAF2 lens mount, it can accept almost any Pentax lens.."

I presume though it wouldn't take the Pentax (Practika) screw mount lenses such as those for my Pentax Spotmatic.

P1d 11:41 24 Oct 07

I'm a Nikon user so unable to comment on Pentax inparticular.

Try here click here they are an excellent bunch and extremely helpful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple