PDA with a 7" screen in car...

Quickbeam 13:48 14 Jan 08

Well that's what I'd like, can it be done?

I was looking at Ripspeed 7" DVD monitor in Halfords and wondered, can the screen image from a PDA be input to a remote monitor?

I'm thinking a video out source to the monitor video in. Are there any PDAs on the market that will allow this to be done?

wiz-king 14:47 14 Jan 08

I hope you dont intend to have it in view of the driver while the car is moving.

Quickbeam 16:45 14 Jan 08

You can already get a Pioneer unit with a 7" SatNav screen as do manufactures with their own units, so it's no different to that.

What I'd like is to have the PDA that I now run with MemoryMap A/Z mapping running over TomTom 6 in Windows Mobile with a bigger screen than my Mio 31/2" screen.

I'm not planning on surfing the net on the move :))

Which comes back to... is there a way to feed the PDA screen onto an auxiliary screen, video out , Bluetooth, I don't know...?

Ideally a Pioneer type unit running Window Mobile would solve the problem out of the box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…