PC for video editing

Gaz W 21:43 28 Oct 06

Hi,

I'm looking to build a PC for video editing. I have an idea of the kind of spec I need for this, but what I'm after are loads of connections on it. I know a lot of graphics cards out there have VIVO (video in, video out) capability, but what I'm looking for is these connections to go on the front of a PC case. More than likely this will require a 3.5" or 5.25" drive bay, but so far I've been unable to find what I'm looking for.

The connections I need on the front (ideally) are:

S-Video
RCA (L & R audio and composite video connections)
FireWire (not too much of a problem)

Also, the usual 3.5mm audio jacks and USB 2.0 ports, etc.

The only thing I've seen that comes close is at click here but this is too much messing about and involves running cables out of the back to the front.

Any good ideas?

Cheers,

Gaz

De Marcus™ 22:08 28 Oct 06

Something click here might do.

hzhzhzhz 22:13 28 Oct 06

Would this help?click here

Gaz W 22:53 28 Oct 06

Thanks for your suggestions.

Definitely getting there, but how do I connect these?

Ideally, I don't want to actually use the ports at the back and run cables through to the front. What I'm looking to achieve is something like this:

click here={4f1ee1a0-a8ff-48e7-8eef-4ecf5fd64d63}&CatID={748b7d1e-be81-4f86-ba63-8c33855424bc}

It's got to be possible because these PCs use standard bits, just HP's own case.

I might take a look inside one, since I work at PC World so I can see how they connect tomorrow. Still doesn't explain how I get one though!

Anyway, if that's any help, it's what I need to get hold of somehow!

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Gaz

Gaz W 23:29 28 Oct 06

Think I've found something...

Turtle Beach Video Advantage PCI

click here

Unfortunately, the review here wasn't great, and I can't seem to find any UK suppliers for it. But, something like this is what I'm looking for I guess.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…