Pc monitor Sky tv solution?

beatdegree 12:24 14 Sep 06

Im looking to ditch the t.v as ive just got a 19 inch flat panel with p.c so i dont need both.

I need something that will let me hook up my sky+ to the flat panel and let me switch between p.c screen and sky+.

i dont need any recording functions and i dont really need the p.c to HAVE to be on when i want to put sky/tv on the monitor.

Any ideas/help much appreciated

thanks

DieSse 14:53 14 Sep 06

What inputs does the monitor have?

ArrGee 15:04 14 Sep 06

You will need a hybrid TV card/stick. The output from the Sky + box will be RF Out (either 1 or 2) into the stick with a standard co-ax cable.

ArrGee 15:05 14 Sep 06

This hybrid stick goes into one of your USB ports
click here

ArrGee 15:07 14 Sep 06

(Sorry, but as you have probably guessed, my solution only works through the PC and not directly to the monitor)

beatdegree 18:13 14 Sep 06

Thanks for the reply's

The monitor only has one input, its a dell 19inch flat panel.

Argee, Do you know where i can get one of those sticks and is it possible to have split screen with sky+ showing in a window

thanks

ArrGee 22:50 14 Sep 06

Yes, you can have split screen. You can buy one of these from Maplins. It works very well for me.

DieSse 23:18 14 Sep 06

You can get a converter, but they are more expensive than ArrGee's suggestion.

Really you should have asked before buying your monitor, because than you might have been better buying a dual purpose Monitor/TV which would have done just what you asaked for, without the need for the PC to be switched on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5