PC Cannot detect the scanner or camera

Xlent 20:16 15 May 06

I am running windows xp service pack 2.I use a dazzle card reader,my camera is a Fujifilm S3000, using an xd memory card. my PC tells me it cannot detect the scanner or camera.I have tried re- installing Finepix viewer and driver,but I stillget the same message. the usb connection on my pc appears ok,but even connecting the camera and cable get the same response.I would be grateful for any help, thank you.Xlent

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:27 15 May 06

Have you looked in My Computer to see if the camera appears there?

G

Xlent 21:13 15 May 06

Yes,Ive tried double clicking on the camera,in camera tasks, Iclick on get pictures from camera.I get computer cannot detectscanner or camerathen, make sure device is turned onproperly and connected to the computer.

Xlent 21:22 15 May 06

Oh, and also Gandalf,before I had this trouble I used to use a Dazzle card reader. Which worked fine, but now I get nothing at all on the screen, whenI plug in the usb lead and put in xd card.

skidzy 23:08 15 May 06

There seems to be quite a lot of usb problems lately on here,there is a method that has helped several people to remedy this problem,not conventional but works in some cases.There are a few threads pointing this out.
Ok....turn the power off at the wall socket,hold your start button in for 20-30 seconds without the power on...after 20-30 seconds reboot the system and try your usb again...Like i say,its works for some and not others...Just make sure if you have any opened programs close down first before switching off at the wall socket.click here

Just one more thing,could it be possible that the lead is faulty ?

Xlent 10:23 16 May 06

Hi skidzy, tried your suggestion.The pc still cannot detect scanner or camera etc;just recently I used a digi camera which can be used for video conferencing, or just taking photographs.the cable has usb fittings onboth ends,one for camera one for pc,it worked fine downloading photos.Could both my usb cables be faulty?Is their a test I could try out on them?

Xlent 10:25 16 May 06

Hi skidzy, tried your suggestion.The pc still cannot detect scanner or camera etc;just recently I used a digi camera which can be used for video conferencing, or just taking photographs.the cable has usb fittings onboth ends,one for camera one for pc,it worked fine downloading photos.Could both my usb cables be faulty?Is their a test I could try out on them?

Woolwell 18:58 16 May 06

I'm having a little bit of trouble trying to understand your problem.

I have a Dazzle card reader and it shows as a removable drive on My Computer. If I connect a camera by USB, power it up to view pictures then it actually shows up as a another removable drive.
Where are you actually putting in your XD card - reader or camera?
I am not familiar with the Finepix software but do you have to select source?

Xlent 19:54 16 May 06

Hi Woolwell, yes,I put the xd picture in my camera, connect usb cable, turn on camera,click on ,get pictures from camera,I then get the message,the computer cannot detect scanner or camera.make sure devise is turned on and properly connected to the computer.I also used to insert my xd card into the Dazzle reader and it started the wizard straight away, but now nothing happens.

Woolwell 21:04 16 May 06

Are you using the same USB port as previously? I believe that it needs a powered port. I am not familiar with Fuji but I gather that you should have a USB symbol on the camera monitor when the cable is connected.

Woolwell 21:08 16 May 06

This may help

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…