Panasonic DVD Hard Drive Recorder

hootie1492 12:28 PM 21 Aug 13

In the last couple of months anything I record on to the hard drive is dreadful quality and you have to have the volume right up to hear anything and what you can hear is bad quality. Things I have recorded a long while ago play back fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:47 PM 21 Aug 13

Have you tried retuning?

hootie1492 06:54 AM 22 Aug 13

Thanks for replying no I haven't would that clear all the recordings I have on the hard drive?

alanrwood 10:35 AM 22 Aug 13

Can't see any reason why a retune would affect the existing recordings. Fruitbat simply wants to determine if the stations are correctly tuned in and if not then that might be the reason for poor recording. The fact that old programs play OK narrows it down to the recording quality which is dependent on the DVD recorder or/and the quality of the signal being received. Maybe your aerial needs looking at as this could cause severe degradation of the incoming signal.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:05 PM 22 Aug 13

No retunig would leave all the recordings intact but you would have to set up any recording schedules again.

alanrwood 19:32 PM 22 Aug 13

Hi Fruitbat Now understand where you are coming from

canarieslover 19:27 PM 23 Aug 13

Try taking out all leads and cleaning the connections. Unless they are the gold plated type there is always a danger that they have oxydised and that will give bad connections that can result in the problems that you are experiencing.

alanrwood 19:36 PM 23 Aug 13

Hi Canarieslover

Hardly likely as everything is playing from old recordings and it is only new recordings that are being affected that is unless I have made an incorrect assumption ie that the Hard Drive Recorder includes its own tuner and thus does not depend on connections from the TV. Unfortunately the OP does not state what model it is so maybe a confirmation one way or the other would help to narrow down the problem source.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…