Panasonic DMR-EX75EB no sound when viewing cable

reever 23:31 18 Jan 07

I have just set up my new DMR-EX75EB and all seems to be well except, when I view or record cable channels through the DMR-EX75EB there is no sound. It is connected as shown in the manual through the telewest box. I can view the terrestrial channels with no problem and record them. Does anyone have any suggestions?

anchor 13:24 19 Jan 07

I have just bought the the same machine, but don`t have cable TV. However, I do have a Sky digibox and can record from it without problems. I assume you are getting a picture, but with no sound.

I have no knowledge about the cable TV boxes, but imagine that there is a Scart output. If so, check that your cable box and Scart lead are working OK, by plugging them directly into the TV scart socket.

If all is well, plug the Scart lead again into the Panasonic, ensuring a good seating. Check you have it set on the correct AV setting. Turn the TV to the AV number you use for the Panasonic output, and you should get both sound and vision. If not, try another Scart lead; perhaps there is an "iffy" contact on it. I would suspect the Scart lead.

If that fails, either contact your dealer or phone Panasonic on 08705 357357

opening hours are 9.00 to 17.30 Monday to Thursday, 9.30 to 17.30 Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)

reever 18:53 19 Jan 07

Many thanks Anchor - a new scart lead did the trick.

anchor 11:31 20 Jan 07

Glad to help; enjoy the Panasonic.

Click resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…