panasonic 50 " TV's

jay-pee 22:27 28 Jul 09

Hi,
Intend to buy a 50" Panasonic TV - however can someone tell me the difference between TX-P50X10B, TX-P50S10, TX-P50G10,hen there is TH-50PZ800B and THPZ81B, TH50PZ80B, TH-50PX8B and so it goes on. Any simple way of distinguishing between each one. Secondly what are the advantages of going with Freesat over Freeview?
Many thanks
Jaypee

Stuartli 22:41 28 Jul 09

Freesat is satellite and has HD content - Freeview is digital terrestial broadcasting and some HD will be/likely to be available when it is launched in your area.

I'm in the North West and we'll have the full digital service just before the end of the year, including some HD (will need a new set top box in the case of the TV, although my Twinhan PCI Freeview TV card is HD capable).

With regard to the Pannys, some will be plasma and some LCD, some will have in-built Freesat (and Freeview) tuners and others will be the latest display electronics types.

Most manufacturers provide sets in each price point (usually two to three) to maximise sales potential - the more you pay the better the TV.

Incidentally LCD sets are on a par these days with plasma and, as normal, also use less power.

Full details of Pannys at:

click here

Stuartli 22:41 28 Jul 09

I mean two to three price points, not choice of sets...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5