panasonic 50" freesat tv

jay-pee 17:02 02 Jul 09

Hi,
I am thinking of buying a Panasonic TX-P50G10 50" TV which has freesat incorporated in it.I am also thinking of getting a Panasonic DMREX769EBK DVD Recorder. I already have a Panasonic DMR-EH50 DVD HDD Recorder which is only 3 years old - has this now become obsolete or could I use it instead of getting the new one? Could I record a programme whilst watching another or only record the programme I am watching. Any other tips or suggestions regarding this would be greatly appreciated
Regards
Jaypee

Stuartli 17:30 02 Jul 09

As the Freesat tuner is in the TV itself, you won't be able to record another programme whilst watching another.

The only PVR available so far to do this with Freesat is the Humax FOX-SAT HVR (a Bush re-badged model is due but launch, as far as I'm aware, is uncertain as the Humax model has always been in high demand).

See:

click here

click here

Stuartli 17:32 02 Jul 09

You would be able to record two programmes at the same time with the Humax whilst watching another via the TV's Freesat tuner.

hssutton 17:55 02 Jul 09

"The only PVR available so far to do this with Freesat is the Humax FOX-SAT HVR (a Bush re-badged model is due but launch, as far as I'm aware, is uncertain as the Humax model has always been in high demand)"

Unlike you to be out of touch with modern technology.

I have the Panasonic DMR-XS350 HD DVD Recorder which has twin Freesat tuners. This model has the standard DVD recorder as apposed to the Blue-Ray recorder.

Must admit to only having this PVR one day.

click here

hssutton 19:40 02 Jul 09

Panasonic have 3 Freeview PVRs on the market, all three will record HD to the internal hard drive. the bottom end will also record to DVD, this will cost you around £600. the other two models will record to Blue Ray and cost £764 and £842 from Amazon.

Stuartli 20:03 02 Jul 09

Missed out on that one, although I've seen the Panasonic ads outlining the full range of Freesat models.

However, I was referring to the Humax as a Freesat receiver rather than just a recorder (my younger offspring has had one since January to link up with his Freeview Panasonic plasma TV).

jay-pee 17:32 04 Jul 09

Hi all,
Many thanks for all the info, maybe I'll wait till prices come down a bit which I'm sure will happen sooner or later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…