Is our TV the problem?

polo 18:54 27 Oct 06

Our Panasonic freeview LCD TV is about 9 months old. A message will of course come up on the screen at start up when there is a new channel detected, but more recently it has started coming on everytime we switch on. We press OK and it goes through the scanning process and then says nothing was found. I wonder is this the fault of the set (I need to know before the guarantee period is up) or is the signal being sent out in correctly? Can anyone help?

oresome 19:32 27 Oct 06

I have similar problems with a Panasonic set top box.

There is an option in my menu to stop these reminders being displayed which I've used as a workround.

Downside is you never know when there really is a new service available without scanning.

woodchip 22:35 27 Oct 06

Change the Settings in the MENU, not to look for updates or channels at start

polo 23:24 27 Oct 06

Thanks both. Yes I can recall now that you remind me that there is a facility for not displaying it, but i wonder why it is doing it and whether it's a fault of the TV?

woodchip 12:01 28 Oct 06

No I think you will find that it's a Settings Problem

polo 15:12 28 Oct 06

Thanks. Tell me more, it used to just come on when there was something there, settings have not been changed and now it comes on all the time. I must have another look at the hand book but as I recall you either have to have it on or off, can't see that i'm going to be able to put it right i.e. only come on when it should.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009