Orange Dolphin PAYG

superhoops 16:46 PM 25 Jan 09

Hi
My son got a new Orange payg mobile. I have twice since xmas put £10 credit on it. He mainly uses it for texting not phone calls. When you put on £10 you also get 300 free texts. I thought that picture messages and video messages would come out from that 300 text allowance, something like taking 4 texts each. However his credit is going down by up to 50p a time. I had told him it was ok to send them as it would come out the allowance.

I have tried to ring orange but I cant understand the person at the other end of the phone and she just doesn't want to attempt to answer a pretty straight question. Certainly on my o2 contract phone I can send video messages, and frequently do, and they come out of my 500 text allownace at the rate of 4 texts per message

Does anyone else have an orange payg? Can you answer this? Thanks

birdface 11:53 AM 02 Feb 09

Not with Virginmedia are you.300 min talk and 300 text messages for only £10 a month.Sim card only.Or Asda's 8p a minute and 4p a text message.Gives you another couple of options if not tied to orange.I was with orange for years on pay monthly and had very good service.And once I changed to payg the service was very poor normally getting put through to foreign call centers.

birdface 11:59 AM 02 Feb 09

I would imagine that picture messages and video messages would be chargeable.Maybe if you have an Orange Mobile shop nearby ask in there.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites