Optical Out Toshiba 42z3030db

Raters 11:45 01 Sep 08

Hi,
I need help.
I've just purchased a Panasonic sa-pt860 surround sound system and connected to my Toshiba 42z3030db via optical cable. However all I get is sound through the surround sound system from the DTV even when viewing my Virgin V+ box or playing my Xbox. Both are connected via HDMI.
Anybody have any idea's?
Thanks in advance!

Raters 13:39 01 Sep 08

Just the one,
I tried connecting via scart, but all i get is the analogue tv sound, not DTV, or the input i'm watching, no matter what input (V+ box or xbox) I'm watching.

Raters 17:48 01 Sep 08

What i can't understand is why the TV doesn't transmit the audio down the optical from the channel i'm watching. i.e the HDMI input from the V+ box. But still continues to transmit the DTV sound?

BTW the surround sound does have HDMI input.

Sorry if I sound vague, but I’m new to this.

Dynamo750 12:17 02 Nov 08

Hi there I have bought the 860 also and love it although ive a couple of issues im trying to sort out also

On your problem

I have sky plus and I connected the optical cable from my dvd box directly to the sky= BOX

then u need to press the fm/ext-in button to show D-IN on the dvd display when the tv and virgin box are in the on position

My problem is I would have thought the dvd box would have recognised that optical digital in is being fed into it and switch itself to D-IN

anybody know if this is possible?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…