One for the AV experts

Minkey1 19:38 26 Jul 07

Hi all, currently have a Sony LCD TV and a Sony HDMI upscaling DVD player. I'm thinking about their Home Theatre Kit Sony HTSS1100 click here#_.
The TV has one HDMI input and the DVD one output.

In order to maintain this so that DVD's will play audio and video without the amp on, I'm thinking of leaving this alone and connecting the audio from the player to the amp via the optical sockets they both have.

Would that work OK ?

Minkey1 19:42 26 Jul 07

Sorry, seem to have cobbled up the link click here#_

Minkey1 20:23 26 Jul 07

Again, sorry, the link seems to work fine. Thats what comes of being shouted at by the distaff side mid post.

I meant to mention, I'm not bothered about stereo from the TV to the amp, and leaving the amp's HDMI free means there's a connection for a Virgin box should I get one in future. I'd then need to get a splitter/switch to get both sources video outputting to the TV (not both together !).

Any thoughts ?

PP321 22:40 26 Jul 07

Yup that would be fine , you could also get a HDMI "breakout" box.. this is a little box with a HDMI plug on one end and a HDMI socket on 'tother , and a pair of phono sockets in the middle, to which you connect the amp.

Minkey1 22:59 26 Jul 07

Cheers PP321. Would the phonos out of the breakout box be sufficient to take 5.1 audio to the amp ? Or have I misunderstood ?

Minkey1 09:39 27 Jul 07

>>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5