Olympus repairs - new camera

SimpleSimon07 14:05 13 May 07

I recently bought an Olympus U810. Within a day someone had dropped it and now the lens does not retract etc.. I need it repaired and wondered if this is covered by the warranty or do I claim under house insurance? If I send to Olympus would I get a huge bill, or would they repair?

setecio 16:16 13 May 07

You would need an extra warranty covering accidental breakage, and your house insurance would also need to state this. It totally depends on what the warranties / insurance covers in their policies.

anchor 10:39 14 May 07

I very much doubt that your normal Olympus warranty will cover this. On the other hand your house contents policy might include accidental damage.

Study the terms of your policy, and/or contact your insurers to clarify your level of cover.

Diemmess 12:48 14 May 07

Ther are current threads running about camera repairs and if you can cover replacement with house insurance so buying new .........
click here
I was offered one of these in exchange for giving up hope of a 5050 being repaired.

At least the weird looking 777 is guaranteed against dropping up to 1.5 metres.
Underwater too but everything is done with the LCD display on the back of the camera!
(A No-No by my liking)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5