old TV

User-178362 16:29 20 Jan 08

Could you tell me please. Is it true if a TV doesn't have a scart plug, it will not work when digital take over?

amonra 16:37 20 Jan 08

Not true, just check that the digibox has a UHF output socket (modulator) so that it will plug into the TV. You will have to tune the TV to channel X, (usually 32)

User-178362 16:48 20 Jan 08

I haven got a digbox for this tv as it hasn't got a scart socket. I know if it had,a digibox it would work.

100andthirty 17:49 20 Jan 08

You need to look carefully for a freeview box with a UHF modulator. All have two UHF sockets - in and out, but tha vast majority have no modulator and will ONLY output freeview via scart.

I googled this and found no easy link to boxes with this feature. but you could use one of these:

click here It's £30, a freeview box is about £20 or more,

Or look at when your area is due to change over and start saving now for a new TV; yours must already be quite old and the costs above make quite a contribution to a new TV

User-178362 20:25 20 Jan 08

Thank you for that info. I was just wondering about the old tv. Going to have a new arial for digital and wondered if the old tv would work. I do have a new tv 9 months old, so not in need. Thanks again for info.

User-178362 20:26 20 Jan 08

Thank you for that info. I was just wondering about the old tv. Going to have a new arial for digital and wondered if the old tv would work. I do have a new tv 9 months old, so not in need. Thanks again for info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…