O2 launches i-Mode in UK

Matthew Bath 15:15 27 Sep 05

Hi all!

So, what do you think of this:

"MMO2 has said that it will begin offering I-mode, the mobile Internet service created in Japan by NTT DoCoMo, on Saturday. O2 also launched four new phones designed for I-mode and made by Samsung and NEC."

Full story at click here

Basically, this is Internet to go, and is extremely popular in Japan. Would it interest you at all?

Just curious!

Best regards

Matthew Bath
-----------
editor
Digital World
-----------

Forum Editor 18:35 27 Sep 05

is that the UK market will not embrace I-mode as enthusiastically as has been the case in Japan.

To my way of thinking this is a classic 'because we can' technology, and is not likely to set the world alight. If I want to surf the net on the move I can already do it on my PDA - larger screen. No doubt there's a niche market for internet phones in the UK, but that's about all.

vinnyT 12:03 28 Sep 05

Would I surf the net on a phone? No, like the fe has said there are far better ways, such as pdas, if you are on the road.

Then again, I'm a luddite, my mob phone dosn't have a camera.

There could be times when it is useful, directions for eg. but for me these would be the odd occasion and would not be worth subscribing for (usually when I'm lost I just wind the window down and shout "Oi, where am I? Someone usually helps, so I'll prob stick with this).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…