NTL or Freeview into PC??

joelmb 19:46 15 Mar 06

Hi guys. I've just had a refund for my Freecom DVB-T usb from amazon after the replacement was faulty and I was fed up of it, very fragile hardware, rubbish software.

Anyway, I'm getting Sky+ next week which means I'll have 1. A spare NTL analogue cable box and 2. A spare Freeview set top box.

Can anyone advise how I can use one of these to view TV on my PC? I understand that I'd certainly need a tv tuner pci card or usb, but I'm told NTL box won't work. So would plugging the freeview set top box into a TV tuner work ok? If so, any recommendations of a good yet reasonably priced product?

Thanks.

DieSse 22:31 15 Mar 06

Any box that has appropriate outputs will work inti a TV card with matching inputs.

At the basic standard level - any box with an aerial-type co-ax output would work into any TV card that has an aerial input.

bfoc 23:25 15 Mar 06

Boxes only carry the analogue signal through the RF out - it is just a pass through of the analogue signal and so with those boxes you wouldn't get any freeview channels via the RF output.

If you get a TV Tuner with Video and Audio L&R inputs you can use a cable that is scart to Video, Audio L&R.

When I had an All in Wonder Graphics Card that was the how I used a (cheap) Freeview box with my PC. It worked well in that I could use the built in analogue tuner or switch to the other 'connector' to get the Freeview channels.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced