Noob needs camera purchase advise

Roach05 14:12 02 Dec 07

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies! I need to buy a digital camera for the main purpose of posting pics on ebay and craigs list. I'm not even sure if I'm asking the right questions, but I'm wondering about storage options, uploading options, and future operating system compatability (I.E. I currently have XP but might end up with Vista)

Again,thanks

Kemistri 14:21 02 Dec 07

Budget?

Roach05 14:22 02 Dec 07

150-250 USD

Kemistri 14:36 02 Dec 07

That counts me out; I work in pounds sterling! I recommend that you pick up some good magazines and read their recommendations and use shopping comparison websites to find a good price and a trustworthy retailer. For reviews, click here is very good.

anchor 14:42 02 Dec 07

For the purpose you state, you certainly don`t need anything expensive. However, you might like to consider that a slightly better camera would be useful for normal everyday snapshots.

As a start I would suggest the Canon PowerShot A460. This is priced at £68.40 from Amazon. I uses a SD Memory card, and the images can easily be uploaded to the PC, (best to use a memory card reader, which is cheap). Whilst I don`t use Vista, I cannot imagine there would be any difference to XP, in uploading the pics this way.

Watch a video demo of it here:

click here

If you wish, the pictures could be edited in something like the free Irfanview, before sending to eBay.

anchor 14:44 02 Dec 07

Are you based in the USA, or the UK?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now