Nokia/02 security codes

Chris the Ancient 12:52 PM 23 Nov 07

I have two Nokia phones...

A 6021 for work and
Avery battered, old but faithful 6310 that kicks around for personal use.

Both have O2 contract SIM cards in them.

Both have call duration/counter facilities in them - not that I care that much about them.

One evening, with nothing better to do, I tried clearing these counters - with no success. They asked for a security code. Now, I have never set a code for these; but checking through the SIM card info and user guide for the 6310, I can't find what the default code is for this second tier security.

Is there one? Does anyone know it, please?

@k@n!c 16:26 PM 23 Nov 07

when i cleared my phone it asked fora code i used the default code which is 0000 unless you change it..hope it helps kind regards akanic

Chris the Ancient 17:45 PM 23 Nov 07

Tried the code...

Didn't work :-((

It looks as though there could be a code of up to 10 digits! Gulp. I know I didn't set one for my personal phone At least I'm pretty sure I didn't. The SIM card for my 'business' phone came after another user had used it and as the phone came with no other security features set, I assume that the unlock code hadn't been set there.

@k@n!c 20:26 PM 23 Nov 07

are you sure its just to clear counters?
the only codes i know that long is a puk code or simular have a look here click here
should sort you out :) kind regards akanic

Chris the Ancient 22:37 PM 23 Nov 07

Sorry for the delay. The Chardonnay and dinner called.

Yup, I do mean just the counters. I needed the PUK once when a certain member of the family tried too many codes on the basic security code that I used and locked the phone out. And then again when I lost the phone, thought it had been stolen, reported it to O2, found the phone and needed to re-enable it.

Looks like I shall just have to put up with it; but I was just curious.

Forum Editor 22:48 PM 24 Nov 07

should be 12345.

Try it.

@k@n!c 07:54 AM 25 Nov 07

quite right f.e must of been thinking of something else for the code .. regards akanic

Chris the Ancient 15:46 PM 25 Nov 07

Just managed to catch up.

It worked!

Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Toshiba dynaPad release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro 4 rival with Windows 10

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November