Nokia music question

ellie24 03 Jul 09

I have a question about some music file. I've got an N95, that also came with a subscription to Nokia's Come with Music.This is cool cause I got a nice phone and all the music I like.But I was wondering one thing: is there any way I could burn some of that music on a cd or two?Would love make a selection and listen to it on my car as well.Any suggestion on how I could do this?

dagnammit 03 Jul 09

DRM will prevent you from ripping the music to CD.

You are only licensed to play the music on your phone. Either get some speakers to connect to the phone or an FM transmitter for your car stereo.

ellie24 06 Jul 09

Well yeah, I figured that much..But still,I'd prefer also having some cd's with some of my favorite music around in the car, just in case.Not interested in using them anywhere else, just for myself. Isn't there any way at all I could make them work?

dagnammit 07 Jul 09

Not legally and we can't help you do it.

ellie24 08 Jul 09

Really?Why not legally?

dagnammit 08 Jul 09

Because it's illegal to remove DRM and it's illegal to copy music if you're only licensed to play it on one device.

It's not my rules... it's the law and the forum prevents members from assisting others in breaking the law.

ellie24 14 Jul 09

Well yeah, but I had no intention of breaking the law,as I said I needed them for myself anyways.Oh well...that's it

Marjorie05 17 Jul 09

Yeah, by removing the DRM, you mess with the law, but depends on what you're using, cause indeed there are many tools which crack the protection, but also there are some sorts of softs which rerecords the original files and in this way it can remove the protection. It's nothing illegal in this cause it's just like old times when we used to record music from radios on tapes. and then none said anything about this could have been ilegal....

ellie24 22 Jul 09

If you so,it's fine by me anyways. But could you give a couple more details about the legal ways I could solve my little problem with the files?

Marjorie05 24 Jul 09

hi, what I've found interesting is that tunebite thing, it seems that it just rerecords the original files, as I've already told and you can break the law. Also I saw that there are some pretty nice features very interesting

dagnammit 25 Jul 09

Actually you're not allowed to make recordings of songs either. It's still copyright infringement.

Following that logic I should be able to take a video camera into a cinema.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message