//some 3rd party need geo

No Satellite Signal message being displayed??!!

GeeKay+Dee 19:30 10 Apr 06

Hi

I was getting a bit of a dodgy reception with my sky digibox (It's a Thomson), so tried to fix the problem by having a look at the cable that goes into the back of the box from outside. I've had this problem before, and have usually sorted it in this way or just by simply tightening the connection. However, on this occasion I've not managed to remedy it and have had a No Signal being displayed for the last 2 days. The connection seems to have a very small wire housed in a small rubber cable. I've got approx 1/8 inch protruding. There also seems to be loose copper wires on the outside of the cable which the connection seems to grip. Could these wires be the problem?

Many thanks in advance for any help I get.

BRYNIT 21:57 10 Apr 06

The problem could be the cable connection click here on how to re do the connection. Both ends need checking also check the cable for breaks.

It could also be the LNB click here that no longer works.

And last it could be the box.

amonra 11:31 11 Apr 06

If you've managed to get one strand of the outer copper shorted to the single inner copper then that will stop the system working. At the same time, you may have blown the power circuit which feeds the LNB. The LNB takes its supply (~14v) via the cable. Some units have shortcircuit protection built in, others have a fuse. Pray you've got the first type.

DieSse 23:05 11 Apr 06

Or the box might need a reset - unplug from the mains for about 10 minutes, then plug back in, and wait to see it rectifies itself.

Most likely though the connection needs redoing - 1/8th of an inch of the central core is not long enough. See Brynits link - but I always wind the braiding around the cable before screwing on the F-connector.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…